Dear High-school and College students,
Hope you’re all handling these restrictions and enclosures well.
With Fr. Ljubo’s blessing, we’re starting a youth reading club for our parishioners and friends, where we will be reading a book at a time on some Orthodox Christian topic that was published in English, and meet once a week to talk about what we have read: share impressions, questions, opinions, criticisms and hopefully try to learn more about our Faith (and life in general).
We will start with reading Clark Carlton’s “The Faith: Understanding Orthodox Christianity, An Orthodox Catechism”, which you can find at https://www.amazon.ca/Faith-Clark-Carlton-ebook/dp/B0088RDBKS/ (contact me directly if you are not able to use this format).
- We will be meeting through Zoom on Sunday, April 26 at 11AM:
- The zoom meeting link will be emailed out directly to those interested to join the call.
- You will need to make sure you have the needed application installed on your computer or cellphone before the meeting
- Please make sure you have read the following before the meeting:
- Introduction: What is the Orthodox Church?
- Chapter One: The Foundation of the Orthodox Faith
- Special Study: The Sign of the Cross
- Chapter Two: The Holy Trinity
- Special Study: The Trinity in the Old Testament
If interested to participate, please contact me directly by email at email@example.com so I can send you the meeting link and details, as well as help out with the getting a hold of the book itself.
This was envisioned for a younger readership (e.g. late teens and early 20s), but anyone interested to join is, of course, more than welcome.
Looking forward to hear from you.
You must be logged in to post a comment.